It wouldn’t be Monday without Drivel from Journeys of The Zoo except that it’s Wednesday. Same drivel, different day.
- As usual, on TUESDAY, I opened up my Facebook Wall for people to post their Family and Canadian Friendly Giveaways. Head on over and enter to win! Be sure to stop back here and let me know if you won, just like Ellen did.
- While you’re over there entering (and hopefully winning) giveaways, it would be great if you could “Like” our Facebook Fan Page.
- I posted a new giveaway for a Four-Pack of Movie Tickets to Empire Reel Babies. Hope that you’ll enter to WIN!
- Speaking of movies, while on vacation, Aunt Liz and I went to an advanced screening of “The Odd Life of Timothy Green”. Thanks Disney! We thought that “Timothy” was adorable and liked the “funny-happy-sad” plot, sniffles and all.
- For the past week, Artemis has only slept with her soother one night. Not necessarily because she’s getting too old for it, but more like she’s getting more set in her ways. If she doesn’t want to do something (like her bedtime routine), then she will.not.do.it. She is her Dad’s Daughter.Note that this picture was set-up (hard to believe that I would do that) as the kids only get soothers at night.
- And the answers to the International Left-Handers Day Quiz:
- 1. James A. Garfield (1881) 20th, Herbert Hoover (1929-1933) 31st, Harry S. Truman (1945-1953) 33rd, Gerald Ford (1974-1977) 38th, Ronald Reagan (1981 -1989) 40th (actually a right-handed writer), George H.W. Bush (1989-1993) 41st, Bill Clinton (1993-2001) 42nd
- 2. Émilie
- 3. Unknown.
- 4. Pencils, golf clubs, helmets, door handles, guitars, baseball mitts, computer mice and so much more.
- 5. False. Generally on the right.
- Since I was away, I forgot to mention that the lucky winner of our Copy-Kids Giveaway was Gemma, Congratulations! I hope that she will come back and let us know how things are going. As for the rest of you, check back in a few weeks for another great and even sweeter giveaway from Copy-Kids!
- Seeing as The Zoo is not busy enough with two dogs and a cat, we’ve decided to add another dog to the mix and are looking after Uncle Andrew’s Bichon Frise “Baylea” until Date Undetermined. I like to Whine….
9. In case you didn’t notice, we were gone to The Farm for two weeks, but now we’re back for one week and then off to Algonquin Park on Friday for five days of camping. Never a dull moment at The Zoo.
10. The house flies have been HORRIBLE. I Hate Flies.
11. Want to be mentioned in my Weekly Drivel? Contact me and let’s talk about what makes you “drivel-worthy”. You might be surprized.
What’s your Weekly Drivel?
We all need to whine sometimes 😛 I want a dog!
Cute dog!You need some extra cats. Like 5 cats and 2 dogs is a nice, round number. LOL
Agree with Robin – I think you would make a great ‘crazy cat lady’, with toy mice stuck in your hair and scratches up your arms. What a picture I paint for myself! Oh, and add in a flyswatter and crazed ‘gonna-getcha-fly’ look in your eyes…aaahh.
1. Love the picture.
2. I’m glad to hear the movie is good- I’ll go see it now. I had been debating!
HA HA love it! Great picture of Artemis! Enjoy camping!
oh my gosh! Baylea is so darn adorable! She/He makes me miss my lhasa-poo very very much 🙁
My little one is down to the suckie at night which has been working really well, except that she is now chewing them apart. She has chewed every single on in the house and is down to the last one. I’ve told her that this is the last one, that mommy will not buy another suckie. So far she’s being pretty gentle with it 🙂
Artemis is a girl after my own heart. I LOVE her sunglasses. They rival the coolness of my butterfly sunglasses. Baylea is adorable and looks like a mini sheepdog, heheheh.
Enjoy your camping trip! I too hate flies. Annoying! Sounds like you are having a busy summer. Enjoy the rest of it.
Flies – yuck!! They are so bothersome aren’t they! Have fun on your camping trip!
Ha! Great post! Love the sunglasses and that pup is super cute! Have fun on your camping trip!!
Algonquin! Totally jealous. My favourite place on planet earth. I’m just not courageous enough to take the kids with me yet. Or perhaps that should read persuasive enough, as hubby refuses to consider it until they’re older. (oh and that is one adorable pup!)