Spring is finally here.
Which is a good thing considering it’s almost Summer.
No matter, we’re embracing the good weather and enjoying every last minute of it.
In doing so, we’ve come up with some creative outdoor activities for kids that incorporate more of nature in their everyday play. No more swing sets or tricycles for these guys.
The best part, they require minimal materials, don’t cost any money and they all come naturally to three-year olds.
Win, win, win!
- Have them pick all the “grey” dandelions (and we all know how much I love dandelions) and blow the seeds all over the property,
- Have them let every single mosquito inside the house and then run around trying to kill them,
- Have them track mud throughout the house and then vacuum it up,
- Have them help you weed by pulling out all the plants and then replant them again,
- Let them bathe in the moldy and bacteria infested water table,
- Determine whether yellow weeds or green weeds taste better.
Note that just in case you can’t tell, this is a humourous post and I am being sarcastic. I do not recommend that you actually do any of these activities with your children. All or some may result in 3,456,234 more hours of dandelion picking, excessive mosquito bites, carpet cleaning bills, scurvy during the winter, and colds.