This post isn’t meant to bash Telemarketers because we all know that they’re just trying to make a living and feed themselves. However, that doesn’t mean that they don’t annoy the poop out of us. More on that in a moment.
We’ve been seeing an increase in calls (and no it has nothing to do with me entering contests) so I thought that I would try and come up with some strategies. Clearly having the kids scream at the top of their lungs did nothing to deter them because they called one and a half hours later. So I did what every sane person would do and I posted a question to my Facebook Page.
Speaking of which, if you don’t follow me on Facebook, why? Don’t answer that question unless I really need to know. Instead, hop on over to my Facebook Page and like it. Okay. I’ll wait.
Gets glass of water.
Many of you were willing to come to my aide. The ideas came pouring in. The only problem is that with each new one came a snort and with each snort, water came out my nose. I’d like to thank you for your ideas. But not the the water coming out the nose. That’s no laughing matter.
Any hoo, your comments were so priceless that I just had to share. Here are some of my favourites, in no particular order…
- Tell them you have to poop,
- Give the phone to your kids after telling them it is Santa calling early,
- Say you’re the home owners mistress and not allowed to make financial decisions,
- Pull a Seinfeld episode. Tell then you are busy and ask for their number so you can call them back later,
- Tell them that the only credit card you have is for work. When they tell you that’s okay, ask if they accept special credit cards from police stations,
- Tell them that they’ve called in the middle of an investigation are are now a witness,
- Pretend to speak a foreign language Knowing my luck, they’d speak Spanish,
- If it’s something like air duct cleaning then say the ducks flew away Or say that the refrigerator is running and you have to go catch it,
- Tell them you don’t have a phone,
- Play 20 questions. Starting with their age, where they live, favourite colour, what they’re wearing. Ask them one after the other so they don’t have time to respond.
So, chime in.
What Do You Do When Telemarketers Call?
Thanks to Chelle for the photo.