On the family front…
Today we spent 12 glorious hours at Canada’s Wonderland. The Kids experienced the Ghoster Coaster (their first real roller coaster) and will be talking about it for the next 12 months. If you’re looking for something to do with the whole family, don’t wait around for our review, just head on over and create memories for you and your Family. Well worth the time and money.
This weekend, we went to a fundraiser at the local fairgrounds for my Aunt Sally’s cousin that just had a double lung replacement. There was live music, a dunk tank, face painting, the most incredible balloon art I’ve ever seen from U-Pick Parties in Collingwood, a crafts table, a BBQ and more. It was great to see the community and companies* come together to support one of their own and it gave me a chance to get caught up with many familiar faces after 30 years. Usually I say that the circumstances are unfortunate (much like funerals), except that after only two weeks since her transplant, Mary-Lynn is walking around and crank calling her friends and family. Apparently she’s not going to let a little thing like this get in the way.
* Turns out that Chapmans donated ice cream sandwich bars to the event.
On the blog front…
1. Today I posted about our annual visit to African Lion Safari and offered a giveaway for a Family Pack of Tickets. Don’t miss your chance to hum “Af-ri-can Li-on Sa-fa-ri” for the next few weeks (or months).
2. If you have or know of any kids under the age of three then you’ll be interested in this giveaway for a 4-in-1 tricycle by SmarTrike.
3. What would you do if you won $300 CASH? Enter to WIN $300 CASH and we can change the “what would” for “what will”.
4. I’ve been wanting to buy a Quadrilla Marble Run System for Max for a while. Thankfully, Mastermind Toys just opened up their third store in Ottawa (in Barrhaven) and they sell them! Enter to WIN a $50GC from Mastermind Toys and let your child discover all that they have to offer.
5. Watch for reviews about the AGO Toronto, Ripley’s Aquarium, LEGOLand and Canada’s Wonderland. As well as giveaways for Chapmans and Almond Fresh.
US ONLY GIVEAWAYS
DO NOT POST US ONLY GIVEAWAYS IN THIS LINKY. Sorry for having to put this in caps and bold it but people are posting their US Only Giveaways and not posting eligibility and it’s taking me several hours to clean up the linky every week.
Note that the linky below is now dedicated to giveaways OPEN TO CANADIANS. So, if your giveaway isn’t open to Canadians, please don’t post it to the linky below. Instead, please post it to this US ONLY GIVEAWAY thread on my Facebook Fan Page. While you’re there, please give our page a like.
Tweet TWEET THIS and PROMOTE YOUR GIVEAWAY!