This year, I thought that it would be fun to add another tradition which I’ll call the “Annual Questions” (deep, I know). This is a list of simple questions that I will ask them every year and over the years, we’ll see how the answers change or don’t change.
Max’s answers are first Artemis’ second.
- Favorite color? Green/Blue, Pink
- Favorite toy? Tonka Chuck & Friends Flip The Bounce Back racer Vehicle (Blue and Green), Princesses and Makeup!
- Favorite fruit? Banana, Sandia (Watermelon in English).*
- Favorite tv show? Max and Ruby, Cat in the Hat. Since we don’t have tv/cable in Mexico or Canada, Uncle Eric taped a bunch of Treehouse programming.
- Favorite thing to eat for lunch? Olives, Oatmeal. Artemis would eat oatmeal three meals a day in Mexico if she could. Interestingly, she’s never asked for it or had it in Canada. Although, I think that’s going to change this year.
- Favorite outfit? Shirts with numbers on them, Dresses. This is Max’s current obsession, however, whenever we go out to a “party”, he always needs to “dress up” and put on a tie. With a numbered shirt of course…
- Favorite game? Mazes (on paper or phone), Barbie. Note that Artemis hasn’t actually played with her Barbie since “The Incident.”
- Favorite snack? Yogurt, Yogurt. The Kids eat yogurt every.single.day and usually twice.
- Favorite animal? Blankie, Bear.
- Favorite song? Shake It Off, Call Me Maybe. In case you didn’t see it.
- Favorite book? The Taxi that Hurried and The Pokey Little Puppy, Goodbye Tonsils. The Kids books in Mexico are completely different from the ones they have in Canada. They like variety and their favourite book changes from week to week.
- Who is your best friend? Oscar, Carell. Both of these people are Mexican classmates of The Kids and thankfully, they reciprocate The Kids friendship.
- Favorite cereal? Shreddies, Corn Flakes.
- Favorite thing to do outside? Swing on the swing and play soccer, Ride my bike and play house.
- Favorite drink? Water, Jugo (Juice in English)
- Favorite holiday? Anyone with snow! Anyone with presents and cake!
- What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Blankie and Teddy. But not this Teddy. Although, we found him recently packed in some boxes to go to Mexico that were packed two years ago.
- Favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Peanut Butter Sandwich, folded in half, smushed, with ketchup, Jam Sandwich. Max will eat ketchup with everything. Make that EVERYTHING! and he always has.
- What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Chocolate Cake, Vanilla Cake. While they didn’t have only this for dinner, they did get the exact cake that they wanted.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Daddy that fixes stuff, Mommy. They role play these roles almost everyday. Blankie and Teddy are their kids.
Their answers were pretty much what I thought that they would be. Even at the young age of five, they know themselves pretty well.
* At the time of asking these questions we were in Mexico. I asked the questions in English, however, Artemis responded several times in Spanish and a few times, I could tell that Max was finding it difficult to grasp the word in English.
Note: A friend mentioned that it would be fun if I video taped The Kids response so that’s what I’ll be doing next year. I can hardly wait!
Have Any Birthday Traditions of Your Own?
— Journeys of The Zoo (@zoojourneys) April 18, 2015