Hey Everyone! I am so excited to be joining up with my fellow Zoo Keeper today! I’ve got my own Zoo, Craft Zoo with Monkeys and would love for you to stop by and visit! Our Monkeys always love comments! Anyway, a little about me and then I’ll get to an adorable project for ya.
Our Zoo is in Arkansas. We call it our Zoo because my daughter is nicknamed Monkey, we have a roommate named Bear, two chihuahuas, a great dane, 1 frog, 3 koi, and a goldfish! Monkey is pushing for a cat, but she is losing, and Chief Zoo Keeper (my hubby) is wanting an African Grey…. He is also losing…. I wanted a horse…. Yep, I’m losing too! Not quite enough space around here!
Aside from that, I am getting ready to start my first class on my way to obtaining a degree in Marriage and Family Counseling. I think those are the big things! Oh yeah, my Zoo is kept up while I deal with Narcolepsy. I’m always looking for people who deal with it to visit with, so hit me up! 😀
Now, on to that project! I made an adorable little decoration for a Luau party, but it could go with any beach theme you’d like.
Here’s the how-to:
- Find a fish bowl or any sort of bowl you’d like to use,
- Fill the bottom with sand,
- Add in beachy decor,
- For the tiki guy, I used 4 tiki confetti pieces and glued them to each other around a toothpick, then stuck it in the sand,
- The ‘message in a bottle’ was made by simply rolling up a piece of paper in a small bottle bought at a craft store. I got mine at Hobby Lobby, but I’m sure they have them at others. Don’t bother writing, that sucker is SO not every coming out! I chose paper that coordinated with my ribbon. Specifically blue because I wanted it to bring thoughts of water,
- Tie a ribbon around the rim of the bowl, preferably a coordinating color,
You could do the same thing with candles or almost any theme you’d like. It was a huge hit and everyone loved it. I will admit that sometimes I love getting those little compliments from people. LOL.
Thanks for taking the time to visit today and Sarah, thank you so much for allowing me to host my little exhibit at your Zoo!!!
Tough finding things for you and your kids to do this summer? Get these few items together and A-Luau to your next party. Or, better yet, send them off in search of the items and it could take all day. Be sure to send me pictures of your completed projects so that I can post them.
And compliments you should get Kaycee! Thank you so much for infusing some creativity into this blog. Just what the doctor ordered. Be sure to send Kaycee some love by leaving her your comments at the bottom of this post. Better yet, let us know what other crafty ideas you’d like to see and hopefully Kaycee will come back!
Besos, The Zoo