Having said that, I’m definitely interested when I see the package ingredients* are; Pecans, cashews, raisins, dried cherries, agave nectar, whole grain crisp brown rice, brown rice syrup, cherry flavour, pomegranate juice concentrate and that’s it. Well, almost it.
Here are four reasons why I love** Taste of Nature Snack Bars
1. What it has (or doesn’t have) in it is; Dairy free, Gluten free***, Low in Sodium, Low GI, Vegan, Kosher and Certified Organic****.
2. They taste amazing. You can see the nuts and identify the ingredients. Even when I had my eyes closed, I could pick out enough tastes and consistencies that allowed me to determine which bar I was eating.
3. They make me feel fuller longer and keep my sugar levels in balance. As a person with hypoglycemia who needs to snack responsibility, 5g of protein and 15g of carbohydrates in the California Almond Valley snack bar is just what my body needs.
4. They’re Made in Canada by a Canadian company. The Markham, Ontario plant is a fully accredited British Retail Consortium (BRC) and Good Manufacturing practices (GMP) facility with the most stringent international food standards.
If I’d added a fifth item to the list it would be that the 13 snack bar names are really creative and patriotic such as; Nova Scotia Blueberry Fields and Quebec Cranberry Carnival. The only flavour that I wasn’t so sure about was the Caribbean Ginger Island. I like ginger and we frequently cook with it, however, I wasn’t convinced that I’d like it in a snack. That was until I tried it. Seeing as I love all nuts and fruits (except papaya), I couldn’t pick a favourite flavour but you’ll have a chance to.
A recent survey conducted by Taste of Nature reveals that Canadians want to snack better in 2014. Almost half of the respondents (45%) felt that adding one healthy snack to their diet every day was something they could do to be healthier. But taste can’t be compromised. To help encourage Canadians to switch to at least one healthy and tasty snack a day, Taste of Nature is offering you the chance to…
Taste of Nature Snack Bars are Full of Everything You Want!
* Package ingredients for the “Louisiana Pecan Parade” organic snack bar.
** I don’t use the term “love” loosely. I have tried almost every single bar that is available in Canada and these are one of my favourites.
*** The Taste of Nature Niagara Apple Country bar is made with gluten-free oats, but regulations do not allow the company to make a gluten-free claim. These are the only Taste of Nature bars that Celiacs may want to enjoy with caution.
**** Taste of Nature Snack Bars are certified by Eco-Cert.
Disclosure: Journeys of The Zoo received a copy of this product(s) that enabled us to complete this review.
The giveaway associated with this post has ended. Check the Winners Page for details.