On the personal front…
1. Saturday was a beautiful day and we spent it at Sidney’s birthday party. I hardly took any pictures because The Kids were too busy climbing on the jungle gym, playing soccer and digging in the sand.
2. On Sunday, we spent the day in downtown Ottawa at the National Arts Centre. In celebration of Culture Day, we attended workshops, rehearsals and had backstage passes all for FREE! All of us had a blast. The Kids loved the circus workshop and my favourite was watching the rehearsal of the Ottawa Symphany Orchestra (Strings Section) or the changing of the guard at the War Memorial (unrelated). We played tourists for the day and will definitely do it again. I have a blog post in the works.
3. Nanna arrives on Wednesday for five days. She has come at this time for the past three years as I’m attending Blissdom (National Bloggers Conference) in Toronto. Follow the hashtag #BlissdomCA if you want to see what I’m up to.
4. I was reminded today that sometimes we have to do the right thing and sometimes it’s not what others may think is right.
On the blog front…
6. Ever heard of the Boston Pizza Foundation? In 2014, the Future Prospects project was created to support youth in Canadian communities through organizations like Big Brothers Big Sisters, Kids Help Phone, JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) and Live Different. Their annual fundraiser “Kids Cards” is on right now and it only costs $5 to give. The bonus is that you get something in return; 5 FREE Kids Meals. Or, enter our giveaway to WIN 1 of 5 Kids Cards.
8. We’re still working on our monthly giveaway for TONS OF COUPONS and an FPC.
DO NOT POST U.S.A. ONLY GIVEAWAYS HERE
I repeat, DO NOT POST U.S.A. ONLY GIVEAWAYS IN THIS LINKY. Sorry for having to put this in caps and bold it but people are posting their U.S.A. Only Giveaways and not posting eligibility and it’s taking me several hours to clean up the linky every week.
Note that the linky below is now dedicated to giveaways OPEN TO CANADIANS. So, if your giveaway isn’t open to Canadians, please don’t post it to the linky below. Instead, please post it to this US ONLY GIVEAWAY thread on my Facebook Fan Page. While you’re there, please give our page a like.
Tweet TWEET THIS and PROMOTE YOUR GIVEAWAY!