Everywhere you turn, people are talking about Back to School. All this chatter confirms my theory that people don’t know what day it is because last time I checked, it wasn’t September 2. And I’m fine with that. Summers in Canada are so short that I want to get the most out of the nice weather and time spent as a Family.
With that in mind, this year we took an extra week of vacation and spent it touring the sites and attractions of Toronto. Since last year’s visit to Canada’s Premier Amusement Park — Canada’s Wonderland was so popular and The Kids were only 3.5 years old, we knew that this year would be even more fun. And we were right!
So much so that I’ve thrown all my enthusiasm into a “Top Ten” post and even added a GIVEAWAY at the end. Doesn’t get much better then that.
Top Ten Reasons to Visit Canada’s Wonderland
1. Something for Everyone. Live presentations, rides, roller coasters, mini-putt, movies, food, waterpark, games, professional photos and more. The highlight of Artemis’ day was getting to hug Lucy (Charlie Brown’s Friend) and ride the Carousell. Max’s was the cars and #10. When I say something for everyone, I mean e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e.. They even have dog kennels so if you have your animals with you, they too can take a little vacation. The only thing that this amusement park doesn’t have is a dragon. Oh wait a minute…
2. Roller Coasters. If you like roller coasters then this amusement park is for you. Just when you think that they can’t come up with anything better, they do. Last year it was Leviathan and this year it’s their 4D ride, Wonder Mountain’s Guardian. While I didn’t go on it this year, it was quite the sight to see with people strapped around their torsos, facing forwards and backwards, wearing 3D glasses and carrying lasers.
3. Discounts. If you’re a seasons pass holder, you can bring a friend any day for $26.99. If you go to the park for the day and decide that you want a seasons pass, you can put what you paid towards your day pass to a seasons pass. If you buy a ticket online after 4pm, you pay $29.99. If you purchase your ticket online at least three days before your visit, you can save again. You can also save on drinks with free pop refills and Pizza’s after 3pm. The list goes on and Canada’s Wonderland wants to help you save money.
4. Marketplace Restaurant. With young kids, I sometimes worry that we’ll be eating out somewhere and there won’t be anything for them to eat or, I’ll pay the “All You Can Eat” fee (in this case $16.99) and they won’t eat a thing. I worry for nothing. For two years running, the kids (and adults) have filled ourselves full of fresh, tasty and healthy options. The Kids loved the tacos and fresh peel ‘n eat shrimp and I liked the pizza and salads. Then, when we couldn’t eat any more, we sat back and enjoyed the air conditioning and one of the Live Water Shows to make room for dessert. Speaking of which, the Brownies alone are worth it.
5. Privilege parking. Pay the extra $5. You’ll appreciate having your car parked right at the front gate if you have to come back out to it for any reason or when you’re carrying your sleeping or over tired kid home at night.
6. Waterpark. The Kids started swimming lessons this year because it was time. Not only for their safety but for my nerves. The waterpark is one of the few places (with water) where I can actually enjoy my time with The Kids. It’s obvious from the procedures in place and watching the lifeguards that they are well trained and understand the seriousness of their jobs. While lifejackets are not required, they are readily available for you to borrow. Before coming into the waterpark area, I suggest you use the washrooms at another facility because the change rooms were so busy. The Kids were tall enough this year that they could participate in the raft ride and I have to admit that I enjoyed it too.
7. Fast Lane. While we didn’t personally pay for this service, and it is expensive ($55+), we saw people that did and they bypassed all the line-ups. If this is your one day off and you want to experience every single ride (some more than once) and the popular ones, this is something you should seriously consider.
8. Concerts and Special Ticket Events. While these are special ticket events not covered by regular Canada’s Wonderland admission or a Canada’s Wonderland Season Pass, they are definitely something to consider. As a teen, I have fond memories of going to concerts like The Steve Miller Band and you can get extra scared this October with their Halloween Haunts.
9. Kids Zone. Just when you think that you’ve done every ride for kids, you turn a corner and there are 15 more and just when you’re positive that has to be it, you walk over a ridge and there are another 15. Since they had grown so much this year and measured (just) over 40″, they were able to enjoy a lot more rides. I thought that The Kids were party animals for making it past 8pm last year but this year they closed the park at 9pm. We sure got our money’s worth.
10. Ghoster Coaster. The Kids were finally tall enough to go on their first real roller coaster. If I had actually seen what it was all about, I wouldn’t have let them go on it. I think it’s a bit big for a four year old but it was Max’s favourite part of the day. So much so that he went on it twice. Artemis tried it the second time and after she got her colour back and we peeled her off the seats, she was fine. Max has even patented his “I was a bit terrified” face.
And a few tips to make your day more enjoyable.
1. Be prepared to wait in line at the front gate and go through security. If you have a stroller (like we did), you have to wait in a separate line. While it went fairly quickly, you will be required to open all bags and any food or drink not deemed a requirement for a special diet will be confiscated (per the Parks policy). Leave anything not allowed in your car (parked in priviledge parking) and just run out for it.
2. Get your kid measured for a wrist band near at the “Height Check” booth (near the front gate). It took at extra 10 minutes but saved us a lot of headaches because then we knew which rides The Kids could and couldn’t go on. If you’re child is bothered by theirs (Artemis was), you can go to Customer Service and have it replaced.
3. If you’re bringing a stroller, pack a lock. You can’t bring strollers on any of the rides and even the theatres make you leave them outside. If you’re not bringing your own, you can rent one at the front gates. Regardless, a lock comes in handy.
Ten Reasons to Take Your Family to Canada’s Wonderland Amusement Park!
Note that this is the fifth of five attractions in our “What To Do with your Family This Summer in Toronto”.
Journeys of The Zoo received compensation in exchange for sharing about this company.
I want to do leviathan!
Jessica recently posted…My First Published Article at Yummy Mummy Club #ymccommunity
I would love to explore Planet Snoopy! I have loved Peanuts since I was little.
We love the water park and the slide on the carpets, spent most of the day going up and down as this allows all of the family to ride (minus baby)
aneta alaei recently posted…A Love Letter To My Guilty Pleasure #NotMyHusband
Charlie Brown’s Pirate Adventure
Leviathan if we are brave enough
I like Behemoth and other thrill rides.
Fan R recently posted…Black Creek Pioneer Village in Toronto
I love roller coasters too but have yet to go on the Behemoth. Off to check out your post on Black Creek Pioneer Village. I haven’t been for over 30 years and remember it fondly.
Sarah recently posted…Head Back to School with Quality Products from Baby Joy Online #ContestAlert, CAN, 8/31
You should visit Black Creek Pioneer Village on Doors Open, I think you will be impressed as many years ago or even more.
Fan R recently posted…Black Creek Pioneer Village in Toronto
Thanks for the tip!
Sarah recently posted…Chapman’s Ice Cream Smoothie Bars – Great Taste Without the Calories, CAN, 9/9
Like to go on new Guardian ride with son.
The Antique Carrousel is a must for us!
It’s been years since we’ve been here. We’d love to hit the waterpark, never done that. The Market place restaurant looks new too…
The Guardian looks like it would be a lot of fun! Probably head for the lineup there first off!
I can’t do rides because of my health, but I would love to bring our 6yr old, and share her excitement with her!
Sorry to hear about your health. There are live presentations, movies, the dinosaur tour and tons of other visual entertainment. Besides watching your son have the time of his life of course 🙂 Good Luck!
Sarah recently posted…I Should Lie More To My Kids
The Guardian, I watch people on it but I am too scared to ride it
I would like to visit the Dinosaur Alive exhibit. My son loves Dinosaurs.
Timberwolf Falls is what I would like to try out.
The Dinosaur Alive Exhibit!
not a huge fan of roller coasters so i would say the ghoster coaster
The Stand Up Roller Coaster one last time before it’s dismantled.
I’d like to go to splash works water park
I prefer the water park but hubby would want to check out the Leviathon and the Mountain Guardian.
I’d like to see the new ride, wonder mountains guardian. Looks like fun.
I enjoy going on Timberwolf Falls.
I love white water canyon
We would love to try the new Guardian ride.
I would love to ride The Behemoth roller coaster!
I’ve gotta get on the Stand-up roller coaster!
Love this! Too bad we didn’t live closer!
the water park
The Silver Streak!
I want to go on the behemouth
Would love to try out the new guardian ride
wow,sounds like a great place to visit
swings of the century
Cathy C recently posted…Old School or Hi- #Tech – JK to Grade 12 – Reading Lists still part of summer! @staplecanada #KindleFireHD
Wow I have not been here in 15 years and would love to go with my family. I want to go on The Guardian!
I want to fly on the Windseeker!! It looks like so much fun!!
Jennifer Beckett recently posted…Bingemans Big Splash
I want to ride the new ride Guardian ride , looks so fun!
I’d love to ride Behemoth! Although I’d definitely have another go at Leviathan and Wonder Mountain’s Guardian!
Leviathan and the new 4D ride!
I wanna try the Guardian ride!!
Charlie browns pirate adventure would be a hit with my kids!
The water park looks like fun!
The grand kids would love this adventure… they have never been
I would love to try The Guardian!
I’d love to attempt the Leviathan!
Bee Skuta recently posted…Lancome’s New Grandiose Mascara Review (Video & Photos)
I would love to experience Leviathan.
The leviathan for sure!
behemouth is always my daughters fav
Behemouth for sure.
Visited Canada’s Wonderland website and an attraction I would like to experience is their Dimensions: A Cirque Experience
The waterpark – my kids have gone no where this summer and I’ve never been to Wonderland with them. Ever.
Antique Carousel would be something I would enjoy.
I would like to experience the water park! Is that a ride!? My kids do the riding, I get soaked and watch all the change fall out of their pockets (and expensive cell phones). Watch duty…thanks!!
Would love to go to canadas wonderland! We were too busy this year. Maybe next year
My girls are bugging to go and try the Leviathan! LOL
Pingback: Tickets to Canada’s Wonderland Giveaway - Giveaway Promote
I would ride Skyrider one last time before it’s retired.
I just found out that they were retiring it. Too bad I didn’t make it one.last.time. I wonder what they’re replace it with.
Sarah recently posted…WIN at the Weekly #Giveaway Linky, WW, 9/2
I would like to go on Leviathan. Hopefully I won’t chicken out!
I would love to try Behemoth! Looks scary 🙂
I would love to try Leviathan! I haven’t been to Wonderland since they opened this ride and I love huge, thrilling rollercoasters!
Rumour has it that the words “thrill” and “Leviathan” were made for each other. Gulp.
Sarah recently posted…WIN at the Weekly #Giveaway Linky, WW, 9/2
I would like to spend the day in the water park.
I want to try the Wonder Mountain’s Guardian!
The water park !
I’d love to ride Leviathan.
The water park would be a huge hit with my family!
I would love to go to the waterpark on any of the slides!
Sounds like everyone had a good time at the AGO. I never knew they had activities for kids.
I would love to see the fireworks at Canada’s Wonderland. Have heard about them for so many years.
I want to take my family into the waterpark!
Sounds like a great time for family fun and bonding!
I would love to check out the guardian 🙂
The new Guardian ride! looks amazing!
Have never been so all the rides look amazing and really want to try the new Guardian ride.
We want to try the Dinosaurs 3D ride. Haven’t been able to get into there yet with the young kids.
The Guardian ride
skyrider! sad that this the last year we’ll get to go on it
LOVE TO WIN
Splash Works Water Park!
I would like to go to the Splash Works Water Park.
Minebuster… a classic roller coaster.
would be great for my family since we have not done alot this summer . great contest
I’m a bit of a thrill seeker myself so the Psyclone would be perfect but in terms of family fun – i love the swing carousel.
I love them all – I have never been on the drop zone ride, but I think I’m good without it. I’ll stoick to the bat and dragon fire.
Pingback: From Nursery to Primary Giveaway Roundup (Plus Linky for All Giveaways) - Frugal Mom Eh!
I’d love to try the Guardian.
I would love to visit the kiddy section for smaller kids. My daughters would love it!
Maria Medeiros recently posted…July and August Favourites
Psychlone always makes my stomach flip flop!
I would like to go on all the rides!!
I would like to try the SkyRider
Water park is always a lot of fun!
Skyrider before it’s too late!
I always love the minebuster ride, some great memories with that ride but if we were to go again, I think I would like to see the waterpark & rides for the kiddos since my little flock is still young 😉
I love the Fly ride!
Max’s ghoster coaster face is too cute 🙂 I would love to try the WindSeeker
I haven’t taken my boys yet!
I would like to try Leviathan.. my DD16 who is autistic finally made it to Wonderland and rode every roller coaster lol so I would like to show her that I too can face my fears and ride a wicked roller coaster like she did!
I looove the Mine Buster!
There is no place like Wonderland , where I can bring my whole family , everyone from all ages to adults can really have a good time like you said there’s something for everyone so no one can be really disappointed. Definetly have to bring my family here again before summer ends.
Was thinking of taking my kids here next summer.
Leviathon and the Mountain
Would love to go on all the roller coaster rides! 🙂
Would love for my son to see the Peanuts land (gosh, I remember when it was Hanna Barabara land). Also might take a trip through the dino park in behind wonderland
I would love to try the guardian ride
I would like to try Body Blast.
My Son would love to see the dinosaurs alive!!
paula huie recently posted…Bend the Rules with Lancome #Grandiose Mascara Review
I’d love to take my kitties on the white water canyon! I remember waiting a long time in line to ride it as a teenager but the thrill was well worth it!
Julie Dyer recently posted…Five things
“Kitties” — HA! Of course I meant to say “kiddies” 🙂
Julie Dyer recently posted…Five things
I love the look of the Antique Carousel, I’m not into thrill rides so this would be the one for me 🙂
Wonder Mountain’s Guardian looks interesting, maybe fun?!
On a hot day like this I would live to visit the waterpark at Canada’s Wonderland to cool off!
Little kids area for sure!
Leviathan looks pretty epic!
The games! Like the bowling push one!
I’d like to try the Backlot Stunt Coaster!
I’ve never heard of the Backlot Stunt Coaster. So much to do. Good Luck!
Sarah recently posted…Summer’s Not Over Yet at Shoppers Drug Mart $100 #Giveaway #onlyatshoppers, CAN, 9/19
My family and I would love to go to the water park.
I would like to try out the Behemouth! So fun!
I still really want to try the Behemoth!
Marianne recently posted…Trying Seats in Your Vehicle in London (and Surrounding Area)
I’d actually like to go to the Halloween Haunt this year. I’ve never been!
I would love to try the new Guardian ride.
Pingback: Tickets to Canada’s Wonderland Giveaway | Just Sweep