Some people show their support by commenting, others Tweet it out and some send me emails. I appreciate each and every gesture.
But, I have to admit, there aren’t too many people that show their support by blogging about me.
Journeys of The Zoo’s I Am Canadian Feature for November is…
Melissa from Dreams and Colour!
While I love being asked to guest post on someone’s blog, I usually… ok, I always… struggle with what to write. It’s challenging to come up with a topic that will appeal to another bloggers audience.
Writing for the “I Am Canadian” feature is no different.
After giving it A LOT of thought, consulting several people and starting countless posts, I still couldn’t come up with anything phenomenal.
What’s a girl to do?
She continues to compare herself to her (blog) crush.
Here are Six Ways That Sarah And Melissa Are The Same:
1. Not only are we both Canadian and both hail from the great province of Ontario, but we both live in places with a canal. My hometown has the Welland Canal, which connects Lake Ontario and Lake Erie, allowing ships to bypass Niagara Falls. Sarah has the Rideau Canal, which in the winter
becomes the world’s longest skating rink. Which does make the Rideau pretty awesome and much cooler than my canal, which I don’t think even freezes enough to skate on.
2. We both speak English, French and Spanish. If you consider “una cerveza, por favor” (one beer please) and “gracias” (thank you) as “Melissa speaks Spanish”, then yes we do both speak Spanish. If you don’t than, only Sarah speaks Spanish. But I have been to Spain where I listened to people speak Spanish, so that’s almost the same, right?
3. Ed and workshops. Sarah’s husband’s name is Ed and he likes to be in his workshop making things. My grandpa’s middle name was Edmund and he had a shed (which is kinda like a workshop) that was an art studio and he would make things aka art.
4. We both have children. We all know that Sarah has the triplets and is a mom. I don’t technically have any children but I had friend who is into energy work told me that there was a female child spirit near me that all of a sudden showed up one day. I had another friend who is a medium, without knowing about the other friend and without knowing what she said, told me that in a past life (which I do NOT believe in), I had a child who was a little girl and that her spirit has found me and wants to be with me. Ok, so not at all the same thing…
5. 17 is a significant number to us, when it comes to our cats. Sarah’s cat is 17 years old. I had my cat for 17(ish) days before returning her because my roommate was too allergic. Also, our cats are named after something significant. Sarah’s cat, Aries, is named after her zodiac sign. My cat, Milan, was named after the fashion capital in Italy. Both, clearly, meaningful names.
6. We both love to promote Canadians. Sarah has her “I Am Canadian” feature and I have my “5 Questions- Canada” series. Sarah shares what Canadians are doing and I share Canadians views of their province. But we are both supporting our fellow Canadian bloggers.
So there you have it, the six ways that Sarah and I are kinda, sorta, not really the same but similar enough that if you like one of us, you should like the other. We are both awesome, Canadians who blog and live near canals.
Thanks Sarah for letting me participate in your “I Am Canadian” Feature!
Melissa is an Aquarius,
New York Rangers Fanatic,
A Big Thanks to Melissa for Guest Posting. We are truly honoured to be your “Blog Crush”.
And Now for The “I Am Canadian” Linky…
If you are Canadian or have a Canadian Product, Cause, Blog, or other Canadian related item, then you are officially invited to add yourself to this Linky.
Note that this Linky is not intended as a Giveaway Linky. Please go here to post or enter giveaways.
|FROM THE ARCHIVES|
|October 2013||Nolan Wilson Freelance|
|September 2013||Sun 7 Designs|
|August 2013||In My 30's and It's Time|
|July 2013||The Koala Bear Writer|
|June 2013||The Great Canadian Blog Bash|
|May 2013||Mama Bear Haven|
|April 2013||YYZ Bambina|
|March 2013||Ottawa Valley Fiber Arts|
|February 2013||Gone With The Family|
|January 2013||Treasures from the Ark|
|November 2012||Life After My Kids|
|September 2012||Current Works of Glass|